Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Confessions of a Drinkaholic


( I said drink aholic people!!)

OK so, recently Lafayette got a Sonic. This was a new thing for me, but I have certainly seen the commercials. So I tried a couple of their drinks and now I am officially hooked! Let me break it down for you. First of all, they have the awesome ice. The pellet ice-aka "crushed ice" LOVe it! After that, you can mix flavors around. Peach tea, Strawberry Lemon, etc. -AND the get real fruit in there!! Finally the Best part about it is that they have a Happy Hour every day of the week from 2-4 I think, and all the drinks are 1/2 off!! I love these fruity drinks! I am waiting for them to start calling me by my first name I am in their drive -thru so much!! My favorite and big recommendation is the Lemon-Berry Slush. I can't say much about the food but the drinks are great!!! So the recycling is filling up with these giant cups, and I think my tongue may remain a lovely shade of strawberry red, but I don't care, I 'm hooked. Someone call intervention!!

6 comments:

the Jungsts and their youngsters said...

Sonic, eh? I USED to go to one when we lived farther south of here. I don't think they had all the options that they do now. Sounds even more exciting than it used to be. I'll have to make a trip when I'm up there. ;0)

Gracie said...

I'll go with you!!!!!!

Karla said...

I have never been to one. I think we have one. I LOVE any kind of fruity drink, so I will probably be hooked soon to. :)

Karla said...

First of all, I meant "too", not "to" on my comment. :) Second of all, how does Indianapolis NOT have a Sonic!! :(

Unknown said...

Lafayette- 1
Indianapolis- 0

Ted Kuhlmann said...

Chicago doesnt have a Sonic either. The commericals are on all the time too...friggin dumb!

Why advertise in markets where you have no restaurants? Pisses me off...

I tried it when I was in LA a couple year back...not bad! Grace has me craving a slushie now though....

Only 3 more weeks....